What battle are you fighting today? Before things get out of hand, it’s important to arm ourselves well. When I’m feeling vulnerable spiritually, I pray the words below, based on Isaiah 54:17.
“No weapon formed against me shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against me in judgment I will condemn.
This is my heritage as a servant of the Lord. My righteousness [or in other versions – my ‘vindication’] is from God.”
As a child of God, you can be assured God will go before you and fight for you. But he has also given you the authority to refute the enemy’s schemes and claim your ‘heritage’ as a servant of God because of what Jesus Christ has achieved for you in his death, and triumph over the grave. Don’t forget that in Christ you have all you need to disarm opposing forces.
Another strengthening prayer I like to speak out is this:
I pray that out of your glorious riches you would strengthen me with power through your Spirit in my inner being, so that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith. And I pray that I, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge — that I might be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Amen…” (based on Ephesians 3:16)
May our great God remind you of these things today:
* You have been given authority to refute the enemy’s schemes against you, in Jesus’ powerful name;
* Although God already won the war when Jesus broke the power of sin and disarmed Satan at the cross, the battle we fight against Satan and his demons still rages here on Earth. In the book of Ephesians (chapter 6), the Apostle Paul tells us we’re in a spiritual battle and we have a very real enemy who has specific schemes and plans of attack against us.
* BUT – you can be strengthened with power through his Holy Spirit;
* Jesus Christ dwells in your heart as you trust in Him;
* His love is wider and longer and higher and deeper than you could ever imagine. And this love is what gives you power to love others and shine His light in a world of darkness;
* He truly gives us all the resources we need to fight right when the battle is raging around us.
* Chip Ingram said this:
“As believers, we don’t fight ‘for’ victory; we fight ‘from’ victory.”
May you keep strong in Him,