As we celebrate the birth of the greatest man that ever lived, let’s reflect on some amazing truths:
- Jesus is the ultimate revelation of God’s love.
- Jesus is both God’s son and God himself.
- Jesus came to earth in human form, born of a virgin and conceived by the Holy Spirit.
- God sent Jesus so we might live through him.
- As Christians we have complete access to God through Christ.
- Christ came that we might have the fullest possible life, even when trials hit us hard.
- Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, and nothing and no-one else will satisfy our hearts like he does.
- Jesus provides a model for how to love others.
- Jesus gave himself up to death and rose again so that we might live, ultimately triumphing over the grave when we die.
- One day we will see Jesus face to face, and we will live with him forever in a new heaven and a new earth.
Thank you Jesus that you were the atoning sacrifice for all our sins. Thank you that we can hand the keys of our life over to you and give you control. We choose to do this again today and surrender all – our families, our finances, our friendships, our everything. Forgive us for holding on so tightly. Forgive us for living in fear of the future. Forgive us for failing to live up to your perfect standard. Thank you Jesus that you lived up to it for us. Oh Jesus, we love you so much. Thank you for all you’ve done. This week we celebrate not just your birth but your life, death and resurrection. Thank you for all you’ve done in the name of love. May we perceive your glory, receive your gifts, and enjoy the sweet relief of being owned by you, loved by you and ultimately restored by you. We are forever thankful for all you’ve done. Amen.
“This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.”
1 John 4:9 NIV
Amen, and merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas to you too!
Merry Christmas Ali !!!
Merry Christmas Denise!!