Over the next few days I’ll be sharing quotes that have slowed me down and made me think. This one’s from C.S. Lewis:
“The truth is, of course, that what one regards as interruptions are precisely one’s life.”
We curse interruptions.
Disruptions to our plans are rarely welcome.
But the Bible tells us to expect the unexpected.
God says hard times will come.
But he also promises to help us through them. He says:
“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.” – Isaiah 43:2
If we stop viewing interruptions as obstacles, they become possibilities for building and developing a meaningful life story.
- Interruptions are a normal part of life
- God promises to walk with us through the darkness
- Hardship produces patience and empathy for others
- Difficulties grow our character and help us to problem-solve
- When we’re vulnerable with others about our suffering, it deepens relationships
- God is with us every step of the way
Life is hard. It’s human to curse interruptions.
But… May God help us submit to his will, even when we want to run the other way. May He give us the grace to endure, and wisdom in every chapter of our life story.