A friendly reminder…
You are not your successes nor failures.
You are not your abilities nor disabilities.
You are not your looks, popularity or intelligence.
As a Christian, you are who God says you are, which is:
- His child (John 1:12).
- Justified (Romans 5:1).
- Christ’s friend (John 15:15).
- A member of Christ’s body (1 Corinthians 12:27).
- Assured all things work together for good (Romans 8:28).
- Established, anointed and sealed by God (2 Corinthians 1:21-22).
- A citizen of heaven (Philippians 3:20).
- Hidden with Christ in God (Colossians 3:3).
- Blessed in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing (Ephesians
- Chosen before the creation of the world (Ephesians 1:4, 11).
- Holy and blameless (Ephesians 1:4).
- Adopted as his child (Ephesians 1:5).
- Given God’s glorious grace lavishly and without restriction (Ephesians
- Redeemed (Ephesians 1:8).
- Forgiven (Ephesians 1:8; Colossians 1:14).
- The salt and light of the earth (Matthew 5:13-14).
- A personal witness of Jesus Christ (Acts 1:8).
- God’s co-worker (2 Corinthians 6:1).
- Alive with Christ (Ephesians 2:5).
- Raised up with Christ (Ephesians 2:6; Colossians 2:12).
- God’s workmanship (Ephesians 2:10).
- Secure (Ephesians 2:20).
- A holy temple (Ephesians 2:21; 1 Corinthians 6:19).
- A dwelling for the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 2:22).
- Completed by God (Ephesians 3:19).
- Not alone (Hebrews 13:5).
- Growing (Colossians 2:7).
- Victorious (I John 5:4).
- Set free (Romans 8:2; John 8:32).
- A light in the world (Matthew 5:14).
- Safe (I John 5:18).
- Part of God’s kingdom (Revelation 1:6).
- Healed from sin (I Peter 2:24).
- No longer condemned (Romans 8:1, 2).
- Protected (John 10:28).
- Born again (I Peter 1:23).
- A new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17).
Christ gives us spiritual riches the world will never offer us.
Your identity in Christ is one of eternal security and safety.
We have value simply because God, in perfect love, sent his son Jesus to die for us and cleanse us from the sin that entangles us.
True freedom is found in a relationship with God.
And this relationship shapes all we say and do.
Our life choices flow out of this relationship.
And as hard as life might get, we have the promise of eternal life with Christ if we trust in him.
We are made in God’s image, and we are HIS forevermore, protected, in his arms.
When we are in Christ, we are truly free.
God bless you as you renew your trust in him today,
We are who God says we are! Thank you for the reminder!
Thank you Ali for this uplifting writing, which reminds us of who we are in God.
My pleasure, Kez 🙏 God bless you today xxx
Amen! How different our life and our journey would appear to us if we just chose to see ourselves the way the Father sees us.
So true! It changes everything, doesn’t it?